55000/(365*4) ~ 37.7. That seems a touch low for Sec. of state.
1. Clinton may have used more than one private server
2. Clinton may have sent emails from other servers to unofficial accounts of other state department employees
Lower bound for missing emails from Clinton:
- Take a small weighted random sample (weighting seniority more) of top state department employees.
- Go through their email accounts on the state dep. server and count # of emails from Clinton to their state dep. addresses.
- Compare it to # of emails to these employees from the Clinton cache.
To propose amendments, go to the Github gist